In the midst of all this finals madness, I just have to take a break and make a post!
This year my sister is getting her confirmation, and I was asked by my parents to help find a gift for her.
This got me thinking back to some of the things I've gotten for graduations, anniversaries, birthdays...and I realized that its always a safe bet to get jewelry!
I cleaned my entire room yesterday, every nook and cranny, including my jewelry box
I love jewelry, all of my favorite pieces were given to me (disregard all the cheap costume jewelry!)
These three rings are my favorite pieces.
The cameo ring on the left was given to me when I was 14, I got it for 8th grade graduation! I have always been obsessed with vintagey looking items, and I love anything Italian, so naturally I love this ring!
The ring on the bottom right was my father's signet ring, he got it for graduation. The sides are embossed with a wood pattern. I love this ring, he just gave it to me this year when he dug it up from the depths of his office. It's gigantic on me, I wear it on my middle finger almost daily, and I have to lock it on my finger with a tighter ring on top!
The last ring is my signet ring. I guess my family is really Italian, all of my Aunts have beautiful signet rings that my Nuna got for all of them when they were in their teens and they still wear them to this day, every day. They're still beautiful and shiny and smooth, and the faces of their rings are huge, they cover the entire width and length of the first joint of their fingers!
For graduation I wanted something similar to that, my own version. I got a daintier version, and I still love it! I just wish the script intersected, but they definitely don't make jewelry like they used to. My Dad's version is like a chunk of gold, and mine is dainty and light. At least they look great together!
This bracelet was also my father's.
He got it for his sixteenth birthday.
It's stainless steal and super chunky, it hangs really loose on my wrist and it makes noise whenever I move my wrist.
I don't really like to wear bracelets, but whenever I wear them I wear a million. I love to wear this with my evil eye bracelet (pictured below).
People always ask me who Jeff is!
This is my absurdly gaudy collection of sparkly costume jewelry.
The blingy posts are all from flea markets, the double finger rings are from forever 21, and the hoop gem earrings are from Lord and Taylor.
I love the rings but unfortunately I can't wear them, they turn my fingers green and make them sore!
I love the kitschy hello kitty posts, everyone always notices them when I wear them!
And of course my tacky Chanel posts. Fake!
I'm a big fan of florals!
The dior-esque ring is a forever 21 find, I wear it maybe once a year, but I just can't resist- it's too adorable!
The assorted floral clips are great for tucking into random braids that lead to pony tails, and the huge daisy is a 1950's flea market find! It's a pin but it winds up in my hair more than on my clothes.
I love the lady bug earrings, but they rarely make it out of my jewelry box...they go into the "ex-boyfriend jewelry" drawer.
I should get rid of them and just buy a new pair.
This is my collection of funky, exotic jewelry. This is actually the jewelry I wear the most! I own so much black, which is perfect for pairing with these bold colors. I love coral and turquoise!
The bangles and the peacock earrings were thrifted, the skull beads I got from Ebay (they look great on copper wire!) the evil eye bracelet is a hand-me-down from my Cousin, the diamond patterned cuff is a gift from the mother of an ex-boy, and my favorite is the gold necklace with the charms on it- I made it myself! The beads come from Sunwind in Nolita. They all have different religious and cultural significances- protection from evil, awareness of life and death, and the symbol for eternal creativity.
And now for the gaudiest of the gaudy!
My statement necklaces!
They are the best for making simple, stylish outfits.
They were all gifts, except for the pink and purple gem and the black metal ones, which were found in thrift stores in Princeton and Philly.
I hope one day I learn to love jewelry a little less- I have way too much!
If I never do, then I hope I get a bigger jewelry box!