90's Flashbacks

Prompted by the thought of a 90's themed party, one of my dear friends exclaimed "Isn't it too soon to be making fun of the 90's?"
I'd also like to pretend like the 90's were yesterday, they were actually 11 years ago and all of a sudden I have to be a responsible adult. What the hell! Is it still acceptable to collect cat stickers in a sticker book? Can I still do it anyway?
But just for old time's sake (as it seems) the 90's are definitely making a fashion come back!
Too bad my mom threw out all my old clothes! Wonder if I'd fit into those railroad striped OshGosh overalls that were hand-me-downs from my brother...
Anyway, inspired by my Dad's recent digitalizing prints endeavor, here are some trends that I called way back in the 90's that I knew would be popular today.
I'm not modest enough to be anything but a fashionista. CLEARLY.

Trend one: overly patriotic

These were my 4th of July outfits in 1994 and 1995. They are hand painted T-shirts, a Michaela Calotta vintage original now stored in archives, located in a land fill near South Orange, New Jersey.
Also take note of the braids, the backwards baseball hat and the attitude.


Trend 2: oversized hats 
These hats may just seem oversized because my head was small, but in reality they were actually oversized. You can work this trend today on at your Grandma's on Easter or while picking corn in Vermont, like I did.


Trend 3: Peter Pan collars  
They look adorable on blue velvet or super sweet on top of a floral. They made me look innocent, which even as a kid I was not. I was actually on lots and lots of drugs, which explains the far-off stare in both of these pictures above.


Trend 4: animal print 
 
I was so trendy that I wore this and it wasn't even Halloween. I was just incredibly committed to fashion.


 Trend 5: Running
Running was out for a lil bit and we all got a lil obese. But now that its back in I suggest you all go for a run.
No, but seriously, please turn off the computer and run around a little bit, and please bring me with you because I had fro-yo for lunch.