This week marks the end of an era and the beginning of a new one.
Not only have I acquired suicidal tendencies as a result of my new slave-lifestyle, but I have come to realize how similar my internship is the the Devil Wears Prada.
I was so blinded by how glamorous it was supposed to be and so overwhelmed by all the fashion that was crammed into every day of my new life that it took me a while to realize that I didn't really like how I was being treated.
I haven't seen the movie for a while, but now that I'm thinking about it, my life was a lot like Andy's.
On Monday I went shopping for the showroom and ran some errands for the owner, which required me to work late. I worked till 8:00. I DON'T EVEN GET PAID.
I also got calls every 3 minutes from her asking me to go back into places I just came from to pick up her own personal shopping orders.
Oh, and I didn't even get paid.
Remember how Andy had to remember everyone's name? When the creative director didn't know who someone was, she'd yell "WHO THE HELL JUST CAME IN HERE?". One time she accosted me with "WHO THE HELL IS DENISE'S COUSIN?" and I was like.... who the hell is Denise?
I started neglecting my boyfriend. And my friends.
(But not really)
EVERYONE WHO WORKED THERE NEEDED AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT.
I would cower in front of the creative director. If I heard her voice I would run and hide in the scarf section.
Also, she didn't know my name till week 4. I was "pretty" until she learned "Mia".
At least I wasn't "YOU" like the other girl.
There are definitely bitches everywhere in fashion.
Me and another intern would always argue about the creative director's attitude.
Just because you're in a place of power doesn't mean you can treat other people like crap.
It's karma, bitch.
So, I left on Tuesday.
Now I work downstairs and down the block in the showroom's store.
We sell designer clothes for less!
I photograph the clothes and put them on Etsy and Ebay, manage their facebook and twitter accounts, and I'm about to start their own blog!
Hallelujah!
She's fantastic!
She'll be at Artists and Fleas this Saturday in Williamsburg, so if you're there check her out! Her stuff is to die for!
This is my last post about being intimidated by fashion bitches and being unhappy with my internship.
Next week starts a new page in fashion experience for me!
Prepare yourselves for a new internship series that's less depressing.
More about that next week, as for now, I must go babysit and make actual money!
It's been a while since I could say that :)




