For Christmas, I got my godfather a book on Yogi Berra and he got me a book on Pinups. He asked if we could trade back.
I'm obsessed with pinups and I always have been. I remember sneaking peeks at a Pinup book at my friend's house in the 5th grade, because her mother was also obsessed with them but thought it was inappropriate that we were so fascinated by it.
I don't think I'm a lesbian(?), but I love the super-patriotic wartime American spirit pinups exude, in their too short skirts that always get caught on fence posts or inside of ovens. I love their bra tops and high waisted shorts and bombshell hair.
I also love paintings in general, so there's definitely the fashion and art aesthetic to back up my I-swear-I'm-not-a-lesbian claim.
Plus, my grandmother was a model during this time, and I love all the beautiful shots of her posing with big hair and sweetheart necklines.
My grandmother!
Modern-day pinups:


Irresistible.





