Beauty Icons

If I said I had a beauty routine, that would be a lie.
My "beauty routine" is pretty much limited to moisturizing 24/7 and conditioning my eyelashes, and when I do wear makeup I pretty much stick to winged eyeliner and a brow pencil and on a good day, lip stain.
I have my own silly beauty rules, like never wearing foundation and rarely wearing mascara or straightening my hair because I'm just so naturally gorgeous I don't want to damage my skin or hair or eyelashes.
Since I favor dramatic makeup that won't entirely damage my skin (I clearly have some sick fear or makeup) here are my favorite beauty icons!

Twiggy
Sometime a long time ago (2005?) T magazine had an editorial inspired by Twiggy and featuring Gemma Ward and from the moment my Dad showed it to me, I became obsessed with the 1960s, and I think I still am. 
Her bottom lashes were actually drawn on. She also has her lids lined with black eyeliner and white eyeshadow in the corners of her lids.
The rest of her face is simple and natural, as it should be!
So mod, so chic.

Brigitte Bardot
I honestly think she was the most gorgeous woman ever.
She had pouty lips and gapped teeth, a fit body and 24/7 bedroom hair.
I never really want to be blonde unless I'm looking at a picture of her.
Her look is so simple, too.
Step 1: Roll around in a bed.
Step two: Eyeliner- either winged or fully lined.
DONE!
Can I die and be reincarnated as this?

Marilyn Monroe
Obviously she made this list. If you read my blog you probably are either annoyed at how obsessed I am with her or you just think I'm trite and predictable.
Her look is disgustingly replicated in playboy shoots featuring Lindsay Lohan and so many stars on the red carpet, but nothing will ever be as good as the original.
Winged eyeliner, penciled arches and red lipstick= perfection.

Bettie Page
I read somewhere that she was always on the beach but she always protected her skin, even though sunscreen was yet to become a commercial product. I also love her long, thick hair and trademark bangs. Without the hairdo I doubt anyone would remember what her face ever looked like.

My Nuna!
She had Chanel no. 5 in the bathroom and she was a lipsticked, raven-haired queen.