As most of you already know (because I won't shut up about it) I recently got back from a trip to Europe!
I traveled with some of my best friends through 5 cities in 10 days and looked super glamorous everywhere I went, and everything I brought fit into one backpack!
(My backpack, from a rather unflattering angle. She looks very wide.)
My first rule of packing was to only bring my favorite things. Because we traveled with a carry-on, I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself losing my luggage. And if the plane went down over the Atlantic and I would have definitely lost that backpack but I probably would have also died, so it would have been a lose-lose anyway.
That rule left me with 6 sleeveless collared shirts.
Next, I chose all my favorite bottoms- all variations on a black skirt except for the one pair of black jeans I decided to bring.
Then I chose three dresses I knew I would wear, two because they were good day to night dresses and one because I knew it would bring the boys to the yard.
Then I put everything in my backpack and it looked almost too full so I took everything out and stared at each item individually, assessing it's European potential.
I ended up with one slutty leotard, 4 tops three dresses one sweater three skirts and one pair of pants.
That equals infinite outfits, but to increase my variability and to make myself feel like I could have a new outfit everyday, I brought two necklaces that I could layer under collars and a set of collar pins that I'll probably blog about next.
Travel perfume, makeup and lots of vitamins and I was euro ready!
Every item of clothing was unwrinkleable and was rolled into an enchilada shape and shoved into the bottom of my backpack, and because I only brought one pair of shoes for the entire trip (here's to you, green doc martens!) I had some room left for a water bottle and some souvenirs.
Here's some proof for how glamorous I remained the entire trip:
Day 2 in the Budapest Train Station
Day 3 stuffing my face in Vienna
Day 4 stuffing my face with gelato
Day (?) with a Pina Colada to my face
Day 10 with more food.....
