Most Ridiculous of 2013

I know last year ended like a week ago, but it's been so crazy and gone so fast that I had to write it down before I forgot it all happened. I mean, I'm barely aware that it's not 2011 anymore, people. So here's my year in photos:

10) POCONOS 


We started 2013 by talking to strange farm people on a winter hike, laughing so hard in the snow that we started crying and immediately our tears froze, smoking up the cabin just by turning the oven on (we don't do drugs), finding Rufus, the dog that WOULDN'T LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE, and bonding bonding bonding.


9) I went to EUROPE

Sometimes I'm like "wait, I was in EUROPE" and I zone out, chin in hand, thinking about the lapping sound the water made in Venice as a gondola passed by. Or how you'd casually run into a painting by David. Or how I SAW the David. Holy shit. One sec.


Literally though this girl is amazing and I feel like I could go anywhere with her and we'd survive.


8) With a family like this, every day is ridiculous


7) I made my junior thesis!


I made 5 looks in 6 weeks, and considering Parson's senior thesis is to make 5 looks over the course of a year but they send them out to have them sewn while they go get pedicures, what we have to do at Pratt is pretty redic. But also, Parsons- are you serious? Pratt cat fo lyfe. Even though it's killing me.


6) I survived Bonnaroo.


LOOK AT ME. I really accomplished the impossible. I hate heat and I don't always enjoy camping, but I ate hotdogs like 3 days in a row, peed and pooped in port-a-potties and sometimes I even had a SMILE on my face. It was actually so much fun, I only just now remembered those more inconvenient parts because I forced myself to remember some bad times to make it seem way worse but I saw 30+ bands in 4 days, made a million friendship bracelets and a bunch of short term friendships with strangers and I did it all FO FREE. Well, the drugs weren't free. JUST KIDDING I DON'T DO DRUGS.


5) I DROVE ACROSS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY


I can't even describe how amazing this experience was. Wow, this is turning out to be really corny and nostalgic but what I'm trying to say is HOW DID WE DO IT!? No one killed each other, we didn't get into any car accidents, no one found the corpse of the hooker we murdered and we did it all with like $300. What I'm trying to say is, these guys are AMAZING PEOPLE and this trip definitely solidified the "friends fo lyfe" status



4) I turned 22! And barely survived the night



3) Had many successes in school and with my art
(this is what my asian father would say about me if I had an asian father)
I got some scholarships and got into some shows and got some more opportunities to show my work and to collaborate with other artists.


2) Got to have two of my very own photo shoots!


I write about these all the time but seriously IT WAS SO COOL IT WAS MY DREAM.


1) MOST RIDICULOUS EVENT OF 2013: When myself and Arti had NO BATHROOM for ONE WEEK 


This was definitely the "hardest week of our lives" and the things we had to do to get by were UNSPEAKABLE.
HOW WAS THAT LEGAL?
#firstworldproblems


So many other things happened this year, lots of small yet important events happened that I shall commemorate silently and privately in my head (and publicly down below), so many good friendships were solidified and so many new friends were made, and so many boys were shit on by my bitchy texts, but let's be real, 2013 was the best year yet.


Here are some other small 2o13 moments I hold close to my heart:
 We spent a weekend at the end of the summer in Boston and both Josh and Paul tried on my overalls. Josh will kill me for this. 
Other things happened of course, but this was just hilarious.

 Paul and I visited Carolyn at Yale and held hands during some rough times in the bathroom.
It's the little things, ya know?

 The morning we were hungover and didn't leave bed till 5 and played this game with Josh who wasn't there.
The same morning we tried to open our eyes as wide as they'd go. Kevin wins. 


We had a lil surprise birthday bbq for Josh 


Seeing my fave painting ever in Florence
<3