I could die happy right now (In an Alberta Ferretti gown, naturally)

So.
Of course I walk into my internship every day hoping that in a manic they try to unload all their Birkin bags on me.
...well, that hasn't happened yet, but look what did!
While I was reorganizing the Ferretti gowns, I came across a bond-girl-esque stunner.
Silk velvet and a luminous blue-green, I think a mermaid would wear this dress if she wanted to get laid at mermaid prom.
I fall in love with almost everything I touch, but nothing ever had the chance to become mine like this dress did.
I pulled it out and did the usual inspection- is the zipper zipped/are the hanger straps on the hanger/does it need repairs/etc.etc.etc.
Fortunately! (Or unfortunately!) This beauty had tiny rips at the bottom of the left side near the invisible zipper, and the nap of the velvet in some places was ruined by a stain. And the hem was frayed.
I brought it to the girl I worked under, who said she wasn't sure how we would repair it. I was obviously upset for the dress and I openly professed my love for its beauty.
Then came the magical words:
"I don't know how we're going to fix this. You can probably just have it."
NBD. LIKE IT WAS NO BIG DEAL.
After I peed my pants and cried in the bathroom for 20 minutes, we looked up how many times it had been rented: Three times in three years.
The dress hung optimistically on a rack on the side for the rest of the day while we waited for the verdict.
After a long hard week of work, I lugged a designer dress in my suitcase through the subway, onto NJ transit, and back to my modest home in Suburbia.
It now hangs in my room across from my bed, I go to sleep looking at it every night and wake up to it every morning.
Who needs a boyfriend? I HAVE A FUCKIN ALBERTA FERRETTI GOWN BITCHE$$$

Enjoy this super-tacky photoshoot! My sister thought the wine bottle was appropriate. Ignore my face....

Warning: nip slip possible!

The back is a deep V

No hemming required- it fits perfectly! SOUL MATES.