I have an announcement to make.
I think I've finally made up my mind.
Though I have looked up for her for years and years, though all her episodes have sat in my DVR for months so I can re-watch them repeatedly and take mental notes, though my heart still palpitates every time footage is shown of her collection of vintage YSL gowns, and though I feel like the only suitable replacement for Brad and Taylor is me, I have to let my dream go of becoming the next Rachel Zoe and be honest with myself: I'll never be happy being a stylist.
Working at Albright has already given me an idea of how the fashion field really works.
Though the documentary Seamless about the 2003 CFDA awards has scared me away from dreams of my own label, looking at designer clothing all day has heightened my appreciation and admiration for designers.
I've falled in love with a short white strappy Narciso Rodriguez dress, I always admire the swimsuit-material eye-blinging floral on the shirt Balenciaga suit, and there's always that sequined leopard print Gucci mini dress that makes me swoon.
I love clothes, and my appreciation and knowledge of them extends beyond the requirements of a stylist.
I feel like I could do so much more as a designer!
Being the next Rachel Zoe seems glamorous, and believe me, if the opportunity presented itself I'd jump at it.
I just think for now while I'm young and have the energy and the imagination, I might as well be a designer. Or at least try!
Aaaanyway, this post is still dedicated to my once-idol Rachel Zoe!
Here are some of my favorite looks that she's styled:
![]() |
| Cameron Diaz at the Met ball in 2007 in Dior. |
I had this picture hanging on my bulletin board for YEARS. I had ripped it out of InStyle my freshman year! It inspired my Junior Prom look:
![]() |
| I couldn't find turquoise so I had to go with pink and purple gems instead! BOOHOOO |
My second favorite look:
![]() |
| Eva Mendes at the Golden Globes in 2009 in Dior |
This look will forever inspire my summer wardrobes for years and years to come! There's just something about turquoise that I'll always loooove.
I have never been a fan of white, especially dresses- they're way too bridal! But this totally works and I never have looked at this and thought wedding.
Third favorite look:
![]() |
| Ms. Zoe herself in a silk velvet Marc Jacobs at the Met ball in 2010. |
I clearly have a love affair with color, and a newly found (fashion-school-fueled) love affair with silk velvet. I'm just not loving her leather clutch...probably the first time I've ever disagreed with any of her choices! Time to be narcissistic: this dress reminds me of my Albright steal <3
Fourth and final look:
![]() |
| Demi on the cover of Harper's Bazaar in March 2010 |
Who could forget Demi's Harper's cover? Giraffe! McQueen! Armadillo heels! Rachel in 5" Louboutins on the beach!
Until next week's life-changing epiphany ;)





