Sorry if I drooled on your Gucci: The Internship Diaries, Week 1

Wednesday ends my first workweek as a fashion slave intern!
I work Monday-Wednesday, 9-6 at Albright, New York's best kept secret for stylists and socialites.
After this week, heading home to my own closet will be such a downer.
I work with about 10 other people- the company is owned by a mother and daughter who both live in the apartment next door with their two dogs. There's a handful of stylists, a buyer, a guy who handles the mens clothing and accessories and Patricia Black.
Basically, Albright is a fashion library.
When you walk into a library, there are rows and rows of books that you can rent.
When you walk into Albright, there are rows and rows of designer gowns, organized by designer then color then shoulder/arm coverage. There are endless shelves of jewelry and accessories, then rows and rows of racks of shoes, first Louboutin organized by style, then Manolo organized by color (because each color fills up an entire floor-to-ceiling rack, and there are approximately 15 racks) then Miu Miu and YSL and Dolce and Celine and Prada and Chanel...
Walking in is a dream, and actually handling the clothes is a dream come true. There's Alia and Prada and Gucci, Victoria Beckham. 
My first day I was drowning in designer, I was drooling over Dolce and when I got to the end of that selection, there was Dior to die over.
Yesterday I was unpacking an order and I just had to stop to stare at a pair of Celine heels. I picked them up and said "Aren't these amazing?" and one of the stylists replied with "You're still new here!"
Um, I hope fashion never fails to make me breathless!
And here, they treat anything McQueen like gold.
The one thing I've noticed is that they have plenty of Jimmy Choo's and Manolos and Louboutins, but they definitely need to stock up on their Brian Atwoods.

Working here is so much fun. I help with the incoming and outgoing orders, I do small sewing fixes, drop off and pick up dry cleaning...
Today I organized shoes all morning. No complaints!

All I did to this dress was tack down the tag. But still!


Yesterday I repaired the hem of this cupcake Oscar dress. 


Coco Chanel painting in the b-room


Manolos in raindow order. Naturally!


The Louboutins!


McQueen fringe heels. DYING.


The notorious YSL cage heel...IN MY HANDS!

I'm still a super-noob with all these crappy pictures and intense reactions. I kind of hope I never get over this thrill though. How many people get to touch this much designer in one day?

My favorite part so far was helping a stylist find a pair of heeled mules. All I had to say was "have you seen the YSL?"
My favorite thing they had me sew was a Gucci leopard sequined mini dress with a low back.  I'm pretty sure the whole time my heart rate was crazy fast.

More to come soon!
<3