New American Classics

I looooove summer holidays :)
Mostly because memorial day, independence day and labor day are spent lounging by my boyfriend's pool, getting a tan, sipping on mixed drinks way before 5:00, laying in the grass to watch fireworks, and not going to work!
I always dress super patriotically for these occasions, because it's fun and why not? Everyone has something red white or blue!
I would say there is no limit to how patriotically you can dress, but as I started typing that I remember when I was in the 5th grade and wore an american-flag halter top with matching american-flag board shorts...and red white and blue flip flops.
I WAS EXPERIMENTING WITH FASHION OKAY.
For now, I have plenty of patriotic patterns, silhouettes and styles to choose from without walking around looking like I tried to recycle a flag.
1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10
1. Sexiest cover-up ever (back shown) Dress, Urban Outfitters.
2. Charlotte York attends a Fourth of July picnic, halter dress, China town.
3. Used-and-abused cover-up, forever 21. I've had this baby since freshman year...of high school!
4. For a parade! Crop top, vintage United Colors of Benetton, cut-offs, American Eagle
5. Actually, this is the sexiest cover-up, Boy Scout uniform, boyfriend.
6. All-American buffalo plaid red white and blue SHIRTDRESS (the only american style term that wasn't crammed in here is probably Ralph Lauren) TJ Maxx (I wore this to my Pratt interview and got a compliment/acceptance letter)
7. Picnic wear! Gingham blouse comes with bow tie for under the collar, American Eagle. Full skirt, Express.
8.  For sipping Mojitos on your yacht: shirt, French Connection, shorts, H&M, necklace, self-strung
9. My favorite thing to do is mix-and-match bikinis! My boyfriend says I look like wonder woman when I combine the two pieces on the right. Bikinis, Victorias Secret, railroad-stripe shorts, American Eagle.
10. Sexy see-through dress- let your bikini show! Dress, pattern making final after some alterations (bye bye, collar! Hello asymmetrical hem!)

Go bbq, eat apple pie and drink some bud. Or natty light, whatevs.