Pretty Pictures

I recently just went through a phase where I was too impatient to sit through movies.
Unfortunately, this phase lasted pretty much all school year, and I think it was because if I was going to sit down and watch something for two hours it would have taken away from 2 hours that I could have slept.
But now that I'm well-rested and have a good amount of free time, I've hacked into my boy's netflix to catch up on some classics that I've always wanted to see!

Movie #1: The Graduate
I feel obligated to love this movie because it's just such a classic.
I love the music, the story, the costumes (Mrs. Robinson, almost always in leopard print!) and the time period.
Plus, the awesome cinematography (the classic through-the-leg shot, "are you trying to seduce me Mrs. Robinson?")
Epic, epic film!







Plus, Katharine Ross is absolutely gorgeous!


Movie #2: Gentleman Prefer Blondes

This title is a bit offensive for me, but if Marilyn Monroe is your competition, I would suggest losing all hope.
This movie starts off with Marilyn and Jane Russel in seductive floor-length besequined gowns with plunging necklines and a high slit up the side, bedecked in carats upon carats of diamonds, serenading an audience with "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend".
The fashion throughout the movie is of ultimate 1950's cruise glamor, and it ends with a double wedding, aaaand includes a shopping montage scene!
What's not to love?





Movie #3: Niagara

This is a suspenseful murder-mystery with an affair spun into it that takes place while two couples are vacationing at Niagara Falls.
The story has some classic twists, but I mostly loved Marilyn's boudoir style throughout the film.
Oh, and she also sings in this one too!






Next up: An Affair to Remember, and then anything else I can find on instant play on Netflix!