Sorry if I drooled on your Gucci: The Internship Diaries, Week 4

This week I was such a negative nancy until life was wonderful again on Wednesday. 
On Monday I organized all the gowns, it took about 2 hours and it was serious manual labor.
On Tuesday I walk in and the first thing they asked me to do was reorganize them.
I immediately has a seizure.
After I had finished seizing, I swallowed my pride and went back to organizing.


I just felt like I was doing bitch work and I was feeling extra broke and crabby from the heat and I had big ugly frizzy hair and I wasn't really even having fun anymore. But I walked in on Wednesday and life was suddenly much better when I got to help dress a Czech actress in gowns for her gig hosting a European beauty pageant, and I felt even better when they asked me if I was comfortable switching my days so I could take on more responsibility.
I was so flattered that they trusted me with all of this!


So here's a list of everything I've learned about how to act and react in this business:


1) First and foremost, suck up to your boss.


2) ALWAYS look busy


3) If you finish the task you were given before you get something else to do, find your own little project to do or at least look like your doing something productive. Or hide in the back and hack into the wifi with your cell phone.


4) Even if you are busy, if someone important needs help with something, HELP THEM. Then they'll like you more and could hook you up with someone/something, or they could be a client who will tell your boss that you were  big help.


5) Have an opinion! Even if you're disagreeing with your boss


6) Never breathe down anyone's neck


7) Always act eager to learn, even if they're teaching you how to properly polish dusty old shoes. Those dusty old shoes could be Gucci.


8) If a client comes in and is even looking a little lost, offer to help them, offer your opinion, offer alternatives, offer cheaper options...


9) Don't take too long to do something, don't rush through anything


10) Have a sense of humor


11) ALWAYS LOOK FASHIONABLE/PRESENTABLE/PERFECT
11.5) Never wear cutoffs because one day this other intern did and she got scolded/had to hide in the back for the rest of the day


12) Offer up all your skills: I can sew/I can draw/I'm literate/I know three phrases in Spanish/I can list all the counties in New Jersey while doing a headstand


13) NAME DROP LIKE CRAZY "Kate Moss wore that to the Met ball in 2009" "Kim Kardashian wore this is InStyle's Elizabeth Taylor editorial tribute"...


14) Even if you just added a dart in a dress SAY YOU MADE IT. People are dumb and think that sewing is an extraordinarily spectacular talent. It's actually just putting two pieces of fabric together with a string but I MADE THIS.


15) Take the lunch money they give you but secretly bring your own lunch.


16) Always smile!


17) Suck up to your boss "I looove that skirt!"


18) Be personable/a real person.


19) Make sure they understand how passionate you are about what you're doing, even if you're the intern who picks up the dry cleaning.


20) SUCK UP TO YOUR BOSS!


(21) Try to live without happy hour.)


Because I had no pretty pictures this week, here's an extremely beautiful photo of myself:

Blackheads be gone!

(sorry for the lazy post. IT'S TOO HOT TO THINK.)