Hello everyone.
Yes, that is me. And Neil making a funny face. AND TIM GUNN.
I'm not gonna be like TIM GUNN NBD because it WAS a BD and I'm still in awe that this actually happened.
Basically, Neil and I were sitting by the fountain outside Lincoln Center for the Spring 2011 shows last September.
We were sketching...actually Neil was mapping out masterpieces and I was scratching the paper with lead, but we both at least looked the part. We were also people watching, and trying to star spot.
And then suddenly I saw Tim Gunn. But I didn't think it was him because he was alone and no one was flocking to him.
Honestly I have never been confronted with this situation, so I started freaking out and Neil and I ran towards him and I peed my pants a little.
We coyly asked him to take a picture with us, and by that time about 20 people had surrounded us. It was so freaky!
But anyway, now this picture exists in my facebook profile picture album and I'm pretty sure I scored some immediate fashion points for it even though it was only my second week of school and it was pure dumb luck that we ran into him.
It was also pretty much pure dumb luck that I got my internship.
At this point, I'm going a bit crazy.
I'm pretty sure that sometimes my sunny side is so bright it blinds me from the bad, and this and last week all of that bad caught up to me.
I realized how much actual manual labor I'm doing (MODERN-DAY SLAVE, THIS IS NOT A JOKE) and I felt as if it made no sense for me to be there any longer, because I was tired physically and emotionally from dealing with everyone's negative attitudes.
Also, I work with another intern who's 3 years older than me who has slaved there since January who's actually looking for a real job, so every time there's a cool stylist looking for an intern to assist in a shoot they send her, the more experienced slave, instead of me.
FOR EXAMPLE, this week Katy Perry's stylist came in to pull looks for a shoot she's doing Monday for GHD.
I chatted it up with the stylist and told him they should call Pratt alumnus Julie Mollo to have her make some clothes for Katy, I even made sure he had her contact info, but unfortunately I was not the slave sent to the shoot :'( :'( :'( :'( x ∞
So with all of this frustration I considered just getting a job, you know, a legal job where I get paid for working.
But magically on Wednesday afternoon when I was on the brink of quitting, I got sucked into a magical opportunity!
Albright is basically a fashion showroom filled to the brim with clothes. But they get new stuff every week and they constantly have to purge all of the old stuff, so it goes to Mina, a store just down the block that sells all the designer items that were worn for maybe 10 minutes by models for shoots.
After offering to set up an Ebay account for the menswear stuff that they recently cleaned out, they thought it might be a good idea to send me down to the store, where (after sifting through hundreds of designer clothes) I recovered a racks' worth of designer vintage that we'll sell on Etsy!
So, my dream scenario is this:
1) Work at Mina and sell the vintage clothes
2) keep good relations and connections with all the people at Albright
3) fuck bitches GET MONAYYY
So basically moral of the story- don't quit until you fall down dead, let everyone know all your special skills and talents even if you have to completely lie and say you know how to sell stuff on Ebay, and most importantly, make it work ;)
So here's more cell phone pics that I creepily snapped with my low-resolution camera phone!
ENJOY :)
![]() |
| Nikki James wore this dress last week to the Tony's! |
![]() |
| Vintage Versace, for Neil <3 |
![]() |
| MY. FAVORITE. BALENCIAGA. |
![]() |
| Balenciaga prints |
![]() |
| GUCCI |
![]() |
| Embellished Gucci print |
![]() |
| Most wearable Gucci I've ever seen: the wrap dress! |
![]() |
| A Marc Jacobs print. |
![]() |
| Lisa Frank? No, MJ. |
![]() |
| The Jacobs dress that Kate Moss wore to the Met ball with the man himself in 2009 |
![]() |
| This picture was in Vogue, and ended up on my bedroom wall. ENVY. |
![]() |
| That's a turban, and no one questioned it. |
![]() |
| Chloe, I love you |
![]() |
| Prada pumps that I always pet. BE MINE? |
![]() |
| Marc Jacobs pretending to be Chanel |
![]() |
| Killer Givenchy |
![]() |
| Givenchy! |
![]() |
| YSL, I drooled over these shoes when we were in Bergdorf's for FNO |
![]() |
| YSL, blurred |
![]() |
| Completely unrelated- the Tom Ford store on Madison Ave! |
![]() |
| Catherine Malandrino print, and my boat shoe. |
![]() |
| I had never seen these in the showroom till Wednesday...where did they come from? Who makes them again? |
![]() |
| Versace |
![]() |
| Givenchy |
![]() |
| Givenchy...I obviously need every pair |
![]() |
| Mens shirts...I just liked all the blue stripes together...lolll |
I was going to do another post on prints with these pictures and then a separate post on shoes (because I just went shoe shopping yesterday with some money I don't have -_____-) but I'm obviously rushing...it's 3am and I'm blogging, priorities...?
Anyway, I really hope this selling vintage on Etsy works out!
If it does, I'll make the prices as cheap as allowed and fill alls ya'll in on the deets.
Designer for everyone!



























