I hate packing.
It's such a luxury to be in one place- to have infinite options when you open your closet every morning, and to not feel incomplete when you realize your favorite wedges are alone and unworn and inaccessible in a different state.
Packing outfits that acceptable to wear for a fashion internship that can withstand subway-in-the-summer sweat and that are comfortable enough to run around the entire island in is the harder than my actual internship. Then figuring out what shoes and accessories that can work with as many outfits as you packed so you can pack less so you can bring a tote bag instead of a suitcase so you don't have to lug a suitcase through New Jersey transit is almost impossible.
(^run-on sentence)
This is why when I'm in New York, I'm here for as many or minimum consecutive days as I have to be because it's so annoying going back and forth and packing and forgetting eyeliner and losing my deoderant and (almost) forgetting my cell phone charger is driving me nuts. But here's everything I've learned!
1) Make a list of the things you know you're going to need every week so you can pack without having a heart attack. Never, ever forget a toothbrush, vitamins, cell charger, underwear...
2) If you can, leave things or make sure you can buy them wherever you're going. I leave shampoo, toothpaste, makeup, baby powder and some shoes so I always have options. If not, then leave things you know you'll need week after week in your suitcase. Always bring an umbrella and tide to go!!
3) Pack knits! They don't wrinkle, even in you roll them up really small in you bag. Seriously best trick of my life.
4) Pack separates! Mix and match! Its easier if you pack patterned bottoms and solid tops so you can just swap things up.
5) If anything, just pack clothes that you know you'll feel comfortable and confident in. No lie, I've worn the same dress to work two days in a row (I worked with different people so NO ONE NOTICED I THINK)
![]() |
| This was one of my LCD projects. teeheehee!! |
