I can't believe I've been slaving for 9 weeks- that's crazy!
Since I left Albright my life has been (pathetically) so much better!
I felt bad feeling bad about my internship, I felt obligated to love it because it was supposed to be "cool", but it turns out all I needed to feel happy was to feel productive!
From now on if something is making my life that miserable I'm just going to know when to stop.
Funnily enough, this week I was planning on taking off. I have way too many projects started at home- my room is literally half painted, my apartment is unfurnished and empty, and my to-do list is two post-its long.
But last week I got a call from my Aunt's friend/country house neighbor Connie, who's a stylist.
Way back in September she invited me to a shoot with her that took place my first week of school, and throughout the year she emailed me things I should be doing- fashion week heads-ups, as well as invitations to things she couldn't attend herself. Neil and I got to go to Roxanne Lowit's Backstage Dior exhibit at Milk studios (WITH AN OPEN BAR!!!), and she even invited me to a black-tie charity affair at the Waldorf Astoria (I freaked out, google imaged the shit out of the place while feeling guilty the entire time because I was home for winter break).
She's such a great person, and she's living breathing proof that you can be an important figure in fashion without being a bitch.
So for this week, she invited me to attend a shoot with her at Jack studios in West 26th for Doncaster, a high-end (older) women's wear line- a PAID ASSISTANT POSITION!!!
To make the most of my week I went into my internship on Monday and slept into the city so I could get up bright and early for the shoot on Tuesday.
It was AWESOME.
Free breakfast, free coffee drinks all day, catered lunch, awesome photographer, fun models, shoes rented from Albright- I probably know which intern packed them up for us!
It was really what I needed, not just for the money but for reassurance that this is what I want to do, and that not everyone in fashion has that queen-diva attitude.
The other assistant I was working with was extraordinarily kind, she was from Latvia and she was GORGEOUS! She told me how one of her ex-boyfriend's first girlfriends was Rachel Zoe and (apparently) she's a bitch.
The whole day was incredible! And exhausting!
My last task for the day was to return the shoes to Albright. So I cabbed it from the west side to the lower east side and dragged my ass back into Albright (with two rice bags full of designer shoes) to return them.
Right when I walked in, the people who worked there were drinking champagne and just hanging out.
WHAT HAPPENED?
The creative director/Queen Bitch left and they were celebrating one of the stylist's birthdays!
So I grabbed a cupcake and hung out with them for a little bit.
It wasn't necessarily nice to be back, but it was definitely nice to know they missed me and that I could still stroll in and shove my face with sugar and carbs while they downed some alcohol.
Welcome to the world of fashion!
![]() |
| Don't judge me for the quality of the pictures- there was lots of free Belvedere and I was using my point and shoot! |
| The Roxanne Lewit Exhibit- Backstage Dior! |
| Look familiar? This was on Neil's designer inspiration board for Apparel! |
| One of my favorite shots |
| SO FABULOUS |
| Time of my life. PATRICIA FIELD WAS THERE! |
![]() |
| The shoes for the shoot- from Albright! |
![]() |
| THERE WAS RED VELVET CAKE FROM JUNIORS! I resisted. |
![]() |
| IT WAS CATERED. |
Can one of these posts please not include food?
Because I was trying to take a week off I didn't go to Brooklyn to intern with Julie.
I kind of miss it! I have so much fun/learn the most from her.
Till next week I guess! I have WAY TOO MUCH to do here.



