As I recently discussed with Sara Dee, I have no idea how to do anything when it comes to beauty. I actually usually skip this section in magazines. The only beauty products that interest me are lipstick, perfume and eyeliner, and I stick to the same brands with everything, I'm never adventurous.
I use baby powder as dry shampoo, I put vaseline on my lips before I go to bed at night and cherry chapstic is my cocaine. That is as far as my beauty knowledge extends.
I buy the shampoo that is on sale, and I don't think I've ever even touched a blow-dryer. When my hair was long I literally straightened it once in the year 2010.
The only aspect of my appearance that I'm OCD about are my nails.
My nails used to be shitty and chippy and short, but ever since I gained 5 pounds and gave up my vegetarian diet, my nails have been healthy(er) and a little stronger and a lot longer!
If there's going to be one part of my beauty routine that looks polished, it's going to be my nails. (hehe PUN!)
Because this is one aspect of any beauty routine that I actually feel slightly knowledgable about, here are my favorite 5 nail colors that always get me complements!
Number 1: Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in 200 Strobe Light
This is an intense example of what this polish is capable of, I usually wear it over a light purple or pink. I literally put 5+ coats of this stuff when I wear it, if you're already the type to put sparkles on your nails, go big or go home.
Number 2: American Apparel Nail Lacquer in Summer Peach
This is my all time favorite nail polish. No words of affection can accurately describe my love for this color. It makes my nails look long and my skin look tan, and I always get complements on it from everyone like my mother (that means its REALLY good) to my friends to my professors.
I actually haven't worn it for months because I'm scared if I do then I'll be caught in that rut again. So maybe you should stay away too...
Number 3: American Apparel Nail Lacquer in in L’Esprit
I literally wear this color all year round. Everyone loves it. I wore it the first day of my internship and got two complements on it. One time I was eating lunch in a coffee shop and a guy next to me asked if he could take a picture of my nails because I just inspired him to paint his bathroom.
It's a winner.
It's a winner.
They usually have a 3 or $15 sale,and its actually something American Apparel sells that I'm willing to fork over money for!
Number 4: OPI Pirate's collection Steady as she Rose
![]() |
| Obviously unable to find a photo without watermarks 00PZ |
I just stole this from my sister, and I'm in loooooove! I usually hate colors that are too in-between- what is this, a greyed-out purple with some pink thats kind of mauve-ish?
Anyway, I'm wearing it right now with the Sally Hansen sparkles on my middle finger nail.
It's always good to try a color you don't even really like. This color is definitely unusual but I think it's a winner :)
Number 5: Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Mint Sorbet
This color makes my skin look so tan! I have it on my toes right now and it's the absolute most perfect shade. Plus, it was $2 at Walgreens which means you can search your laundry room for quarters to buy it!
So that was my beauty advice. Probably the first and last time I'll be lending my opinion to anyone willing enough to accept beauty advice from me!


