Fun fact: If I wasn't a fashion major at Pratt, I would be a painting major.
(But I never would actually be a painting major because my Dad wants me to get a job after I graduate)
I actually thought I would go to art school for photography or painting until one of my art teachers steered me in the right direction.
(And when I realized that a fine arts major=no job)
I stumbled upon his work my junior year of high school- it was featured on some obscure Australian blog.
I fell so in love, I googled his work and knew every piece by the time the sun set.
I don't think I could name any other contemporary artist who I'm so in love with.
His work is so inspirational to me that he was my inspiration for my AP art portfolio, as well as one of my skirts in Fashion Society.
Every time I see Joshua Petker's new paintings, it always inspires me to create more clothes or paint more or to look prettier.
Every time I see Joshua Petker's new paintings, it always inspires me to create more clothes or paint more or to look prettier.
About a week ago, I saw (on my news feed) that he had posted some new work, so naturally I stopped everything and gawked at all his new paintings.
Tell me you don't love it. I DARE YOU.
Here are some of my favorite pieces.
For more, check out his website.
Maybe sometime soon I'll do a post on all the things he's inspired me to make, but I honestly just can't put my creations next to his.








