Totally neglecting this blog.
I'm so busy, I'm choosing to write this now instead of sleeping.
Two jobs, an internship, 22 hours of class a week plus homework leaves me barely any time to socialize with people outside the studio/computer lab.
But anyhooooo, here's a quick post with some thoughts!
Believe it or not, we already have to get started on final projects.
Believe it or not, my homework for draping this week was my final for one of my classes first semester last year...and it took me three weeks.
School is crazy. I love it.
So here's the prompt:
2 pieces: a skirt and a blouse.
The skirt must have a zipper and a waistband, and the blouse must have buttons, a yoke, and sleeves with cuffs.
My inspiration was going to be a photo of my grandmother, but because she's literally my inspiration every morning when I wake up and get dressed, I decided it was time to actually think about this.
And who's more inspiring than my grandmother?
NO ONE.
Except Marilyn Monroe.
This is Marilyn from the movie Gentleman Prefer Blondes, the scene where she performs Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend.
She looks just like Barbie!
I'm obsessed with the color, the diamonds, and the giant bow in the back.
It's also wonderfully flattering on her! I love the monochromaticness of the bow and belt. And gloves.
Well anyway, we'll see what comes from this.
My imagination is greater than my sewing skills-
Why am I in fashion school?


