The Best Lip Stain

This post is about to ramble on and on about how much I love my new lip stain.
But first of all, I have to address how awkward it was to think of puns for this post title that weren't gross puns on stains.
Anyway, since the beginning of time I have been in search of a moisturizing, matte, un-messy, un-sticky, low-maintenance lip tint/stick/stain.
I've tried almost every drug store brand of lipstick. I've tried tons of fancy recommended  lip stains. I've tried all that tinted chapstic stuff.
The ones I liked the most (NYX soft matte lip cream and Revlon forever lipstick) still had flaws- the lip cream was sticky and took a while to set in, and the lip stick was too smeary.
On black friday this year, my sister and I wandered into Sephora.
She is extremely adventurous when it comes to makeup, and I sort of just settle with my winged eyeliner and obsessive chapstic application routine.
But while she was professionally applying bold blue liner and comparing shades of nailpolish, I wandered onto the Sephora-brand counter and just gave the lipstain a chance.
Glad I did, because I just found the perfect lip product for me!
The lipstain is bold-colored, barely smears, sticks on my lips all day through lunch, doesn't wind up on my teeth, doesn't flake or feather or dry out my lips.


I own it in Strawberry Kissed and Dark Berry.
A fair warning though, the reds are matte but the moodier Dark Berry is sort of sheer and is too sparkly to be matte. It was a mistake.
Get it here.