Being in California has reminded me a lot of my real home, New Jersey.
They are both beautiful states with so much in common!
If you have no idea where I'm coming from, read on and maybe you'll follow me.
1
First of all, California and New Jersey have the same general shape. It's like God copied and flipped NJ and make it a little bigger, and California was born!
I think I read that in a textbook somewhere.
See? Exactly the same!
2
Secondly, they both have coastal areas. California's left side is the Pacific and NJ scrapes the Atlantic. Because of this, both states have developed beach culture. When I was at the beaches in California, lots of people were working out or roller blading or surfing.
In New Jersey, people who look like they've never played sports in their life flock to the beach to lay in the sun like beached goldfish crackers (because they're the same color and fat content).
3
Also, both states have a route 1!
NJ's route 1 goes right through Princeton so I drive on it frequently. It has a Red Lobster, a Toys R Us, and newly added- David's Bridal! It can take you to lovely Trenton, or to the scenic Brunswicks!
A little different from my route 1 is California's. It winds along the coast, separating mountains from sea, and provides beautiful breathtaking views, but sadly, does not have a David's Bridal or many other popular shopping destinations, which makes it a bit less valuable in my eyes. But hey, that's just my opinion!
4
Possibly the closest similarity between the states is that the ugly places have similar names- Camden and Compton!!
Isn't that just the best?
After seeing a lot of California, I think I can make the fair call and say New Jersey is just so much better. I feel so much more comfortable getting sunburned to death amongst other New Jersians who are just as out of shape as I am. It's comforting to me that while traveling along NJ's route one, I can stop at any time to dine at a fine establishment such as Red Lobster or Denny's. Also, the smaller state shape makes it easier to escape in case I was ever involved in any sort of crime.
Just sayin'!



