Flower Crown Crafting

Hello all!!
As a fashion and craft blogger, I feel obligated to provide a flower crown how-to.
If you've ever used wire cutters and know how to use your hands, you are perfectly qualified to attempt this craft!



First, you need some basic supplies:
1) Floral tape
You can buy this for $2 at the craft store. It's green and it's actually not too sticky until you stretch it.
2) Faux flowers
Also available at any craft store! You can get a variety of blooms or just stick to one kind of flower. I looked for stems with lots of leaves when I bought my supplies.
3) Wire
I got a wire that was wrapped with a natural brown paper in case it showed through under the floral tape. You can buy any wire you like!
4) Wire cutters
Just dig through your dad's tool box, I'm sure he's got some!

Now you're ready to start!
1. First,take the wire you bought and cut a long, straight piece about 24" long.
2. Next, wrap it around your head as tight or loose as you like. I made all my crowns about 1" looser than I wanted to allow for a little ease.
3. Next, wrap the excess wire around itself to create a circle.
4. Then take your flowers and cut off some blooms and some leaves, allowing 2"-4" of stem to be still on the bloom so you have something to tape to the wire.
5. Now you're ready to put some flowers on the wire! Simply wrap the flower stem super close to the wire by stretching the floral tape around both the wire and the stem. Keep wrapping all the way around the circle. I think the crowns look best when they're super irregular, so I sometimes wrapped two blooms at once, or left some space between some of the flowers.
6. When the entire wire is covered in greenery, keep wrapping with the tape until everything seems secure. Now you're ready to look super hip and kind of shaded at any music festival!