This semester is coming to an end, which means I should be almost all done with the development of my senior thesis. I'm not. Not at all, not even halfway there. One of my final projects for my portfolio development class is to document the process and outcome of my junior thesis, and now that I'm going through all my old sketches and photos, I'm thinking HOW THE HELL DID ALL OF THIS HAPPEN IN ONE SEMESTER?! Granted, there was no pressure of getting into the fashion show at the end and the chair of the department wasn't breathing down my neck, but looking back through all my work, I am actually really proud of myself. Making clothes is a lot of work, people.
The muslin I made for the skirt (final below)
Half of the drape I made for my favorite dress of the collection- featured below
The muslin for an asymmetric dress (I nixed the belt because of lack of time!)
Some sketches I made to help me get organized before I went fabric shopping!
As my looks were being completed I hung them in my room to remind me of how much work I had done and how much work I had left to do
The tags inside my garments!
I made little skull collar pins out of clay and zipper teeth
My whole collection started with this one look!
I am entirely exhausted in this photo but it features an entire semester's work from three studio classes- my junior thesis, my sketches, my inspiration, a "process journal", photos from the lookbook (which I literally shot the day before this crit), test swatches and TWO COFFEES.
More views
A cell pic I took during the lookbook shoot
sketches in progress
Final sketches!


