The Internship Diaries, Week 8

Despite still suffering stomach aches as a result of last weekend's food poisoning, this week was an awesome one in terms of my internships.
Wednesday and Thursday I worked at Mina, the retail store under the bigger company, Albright.
I'm supposed to be managing their Twitter and Facebook and Etsy and Ebay, etc, but because the internet was cripplingly slow, I pretty much just played "dress up" and "rummage sale".
For all the hell I endured at Albright (WAIT I DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT) I now feel entitled enough to cut loose and have a good time!
I can't even explain how much happier I am at Mina. Now I actually do things that are productive- I have my own projects and I can track my own progress, as opposed to wasting time in Albright's showroom waiting for my lucky break to happen.
But instead I was proactive and made my own situation better, and this week I was given a pair of Manolo's!
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!
They're coming home on Tuesday!
 (Don't worry there will probably be a blog post dedicated to them)

On a tangent, for some reason now I'm obsessed with two extremes of shoes- the super chunky and wild and the super minimalist (a la Carrie Bradshaw running around NYC in nearly-naked feet).
*note to self: future blog post on this!


On Friday, I had my second day of work with Pratt alumnus Julie Mollo.
She's is such an amazingly fantastically talented designer, and I'm so grateful to be working with her! 
I feel like I'm learning new things that I haven't even learned in school yet, and it's making me super excited to head back to school.
Next Sunday she'll be at artists and fleas in Williamsburg, head over there and purchase an amazingly-flattering acid wash romper! Katy Perry has one and you should, too!

I have come across a milestone in my (if you can even call it a) fashion career: MY FIRST PAID JOB!
Ironically, I was planning on taking next week off from the city because I have to furnish my apartment, finish re-doing my room at home and I have a couple of "freelance" babysitting/barista jobs waiting for me here, but this is an offer I just can't resist!
I don't know how to say this without sounding like a snob, but the fashion industry- like the entertainment industry, like the music industry- is all about who you know. If you have some obscure connection to a big-wig, you can go places faster than starting from nothing.
Thankfully, my Aunt's friend/Vermont neighbor is a fashion stylist!
She used to work at the desk across from Donna Karan's, before Donna Karan was anyone. She knows everyone in the documentary The September Issue. She's awesome!! AND she doesn't have that bitchy fashion disposition that every other person in the industry strangely seems to have adapted. 
And, she's hiring me as her assistant for the day for a photo shoot next week!
I don't have any details besides where and when, but I'm dying to know WHO!!
Next week will definitely be thrillingly exciting. 
g2g pick out my outfit BI!!!

Sorry there's no pictures! This must be hard on the illiterates.