One of my favorite things about my mother is that she is always festive.
We have decorations for every holiday, and like clockwork, each time I come home the house is decked out for whatever's next- whether it be Valentine's day, the Fourth of July, Chinese New Year and even September 11th!
Waitjustkiddingaboutthelasttwolol.
Christmas has always been my favorite holiday.
I love eating, and christmas cookies, and finding a christmas tree and watching my dad cut it down and listening to Rosie O'Donnell's christmas CD (and Aly McBeal's, and the Glee Christmas soundtrack...believe me WE HAVE IT ALL).
Also, I love buying presents and wrapping them all pretty and seeing christmas lights and eating in my Aunt's foyer on Christmas Eve because I have so much family and there is not enough room in one large suburban house for all of us.
One thing we do every year the weekend after Thanksgiving is decorating gingerbread houses!
My cousins who live down the street come over and there's tons of candy and frosting and crumbs and we all decorate houses together.
It gets pretty competitive, but I can honestly say that usually mine are the best.
Check out my gingerbreadhousepiration, and then what the houses actually looked like!
SO glad I'm not Jewish!
And now, lower your expectations and face what really happened!
The beginnings of my humble cabin
Ta-da!
My cousin Olivia's
My cousin Richard's
Oops...
Victoria's
Leigh & me!






