MY FINALS FINALLY ENDED TODAY.
7 classes, 7 finals, the flu, NO MORE BOYFRIEND all at once.
BUT NOW I'M FREE! And SINGLE!
I want more than anything to go home and sleep in my bed, and to eat free food and to bake christmas cookies and to sleep in and to push my dog off the couch when he's sitting in my seat but I'm stuck working 15 more hours in the computer lab until they finally unchain me Wednesday morning, which basically means 15 more hours on the internet with nothing real to do!
So here's a sampling of the fall final outcome
SKETCHING
We had to do a capsule collection with a rendered style inspired by a picture we got in class.
Caroline picked this intricately patterned image, and for reasons unbeknownst to me I picked this inky image of a face (...crying....which I didn't notice until after I picked it...what?)
Here's what happened!
full layout
Picture + swatches
Inspiration- Helmut Newton MAH FAVE
Flats
Rendering!
TAILORING
Throughout the semester we each made a completely hand-tailored wool jacket, fully lined, bound buttonholes and everything!
Mine was made with blood, sweat, tears, sugar, spice, miles and miles of stitches, my Grandmother's wool (given to me recently by my Grandfather) and some bold buttons and lining!
All this work drove us all to alcoholism.
DRAPING
Our 6 hour studio required that we make a top and a skirt that had sleeves with plackets, a stylized neckline, a yoke and buttons.
Given all of those hideous requirements, here's what I created!
My inspiration was Marilyn Monroe performing Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend in Gentleman Prefer Blondes
BOW BUTT.
Taadaaaa!!!
NAPTIME.
