Timothy K's Fashion Show


It's fashion week!
It's also the first week of the semester when all my professors piled the work on.
I still have faith in my decision to skip my World Cinema class to go to Timothy K's show on Wednesday night.
We had to take a cab last rainy Wednesday night to get to Gowanus, because of course the G hasn't been stopping at the Smith St. station for about a year now.
I was so excited to go, because even though Timmy graduated the year I graduated High School, I will always remember seeing pictures of his senior thesis hanging in the fashion studios (see above). Inspiring and amazing.
He's the kind of designer every one of us wants to be, if we were a lot more imaginative and theatrical maybe we'd be in the same league.
He actually graduated with Julie, and they're still close friends, which makes perfect sense but it's still kind of funny to see them together- Julie with her sparkles and hair bows and gingham and Timmy with his dermal anchors and plugs and black nailpolish. I guess together they cover two ends of the Fashion spectrum.
His show was great, and inspiring and theatrical and dramatic and imaginitive. And geometric and architectural and inspiring and great....
check it out!



All this steel sculpture was scattered around the downstairs waiting area.


Julie! With her red nails, lipstick, and cigarette


The beautiful Silk gown


The architectural pyramid-like gown


My favorite Teardrop-shaped creation


Timmy and Julie!

Top photo: http://timothyk.net/